Prep: 7 minutes; Cook: 30 minutes
Baked almond-filled peach halves are a favorite summertime dessert. The almond flavor and the crunch of the amaretti cookies perfectly complement the sweet, juicy fresh peaches. Look for macaroon-type amaretti cookies in Italian markets, gourmet stores, and large supermarkets.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 125
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Protein: 2.5g
- Carbohydrate: 23.7g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Iron: 0.5mg
- Sodium: 67mg
- Calcium: 4mg
- 1 cup amaretti cookie crumbs (about 32 cookies)
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon apple juice
- 4 fresh peaches (about 1 3/4 pounds), halved and pitted
- Cooking spray
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°.
- 2. Combine first 4 ingredients in a small bowl; toss with a fork until well blended.
- 3. Place peach halves, cut sides up, in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spoon 2 heaping tablespoons cookie mixture into center of each peach half.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30 to 35 minutes or until peaches are tender and cookie mixture is lightly browned (shield with foil to prevent overbrowning, if necessary).
- Note: Substitute 1 cup gingersnap or biscotti crumbs for the amaretti cookie crumbs, if desired. If fresh peaches are out of season, substitute drained canned peach halves in light syrup.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This