Alyssa’s Quinoa Coconut Macaroons
These macaroons are magnificent. They’re crunchy on the outside, coated with the flavor of toasted coconut, but soft and gooey on the inside. They’re melt-in-your-mouth good. And to add to their fabulousness, they’re naturally gluten-free, refined sugar-free and full of protein from the quinoa. The perfect little treat.
Yield: 1 serving
Community Recipe from
- 6 egg whites
- 1/4 cup(s) honey
- 1 1/2 cup(s) unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup(s) quinoa cooked
- Makes 16 cookies
- 1.Combine the egg whites and honey in a heatproof bowl.
- 2.Begin by tempering the eggs, which will create a nice crispy cookie exterior. Place the bowl over a pot with boiling water inside and whisk the eggs and honey together until creamy and warm. Test with your finger - if they’re warm to the touch, they’re tempered.
- 3.When the egg and honey mixture is warm to the touch, take the bowl off the heat and mix in coconut, quinoa and salt.
- 4.Chill in the fridge for at least two hours.
- 5.Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F and line a baking sheet with a non-stick baking mat or double parchment paper (the bottoms are sensitive and will burn easily).
- 6.Using an ice cream scoop or two spoons, scoop the coconut quinoa dough onto the baking sheet. You will probably need to form the cookies into little round half domes with your fingers, pressing them together tightly so they are sure to stick together while baking.
- 7.Bake in the center of a warm oven for 15 minutes until the cookies are nice and golden brown.
- 8.Let them cool for at least 10 minutes or until completely cooled. Enjoy!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by latimerl and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes