- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread
- 3/4 to 7/8 cup milk
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, cherries, apricots, currants or raisins
- 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons crystallized ginger, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 egg, slightly beaten OR 2 Tbsp. whipping or heavy cream
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 400° . Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Cut in I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread with pastry blender or two knives until mixture is size of coarse cornmeal. Stir in cranberries and ginger. Stir in milk with fork until mixture just holds together.
Lightly knead dough on lightly floured surface with floured hands and shape into 8- or 9-inch circle, about 3/4 inch thick. Cut dough with floured knife in half crosswise, then cut each half into 4 or 5 wedges. Arrange wedges on cookie sheet. Brush tops with egg and, if desired, sprinkle with sugar.
Bake 17 minutes or until golden. Cool 2 minutes on wire rack. Serve warm.
*SUGGESTIONS: Substitute chopped fresh fruit (peaches, blueberries, apricots) and finely chopped orange or lemon peel; or mini chocolate chips.