Delicious mac and cheese recipe. Used sour dough rye bread for the bread crumb crust.
Alpine Mac 'n Cheese with Kielbsa and Dijon Mustard
Cuisine at Home Feb 2012
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- Macaroni and cheese
- For the topping, combine:
- 1/2 c. fresh, seeded rye bread
- 2 T. minced parsley
- 2 T. unsalted butter, melted
- salt and pepper
- For the Casserole, cook:
- 8 oz. dry cavatappi or elbow macaroni
- 8 oz. kielbasa, cliced into 1/4 in. rounds
- 1 T. Olive oil
- 2 T. unsalted butter
- 2 T. minced shallots
- 1 T. caraway seeds
- 2 T. flour
- 2 1/2 c. whole milk, warmed
- 1 c. gouda
- 1 c. gruyere
- Stir in:
- 3 T. dijon
- 1 T. worcheshire sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 and coat 2 qt. baking dish with cooking spray
- For topping combine ingredients.
- Cook pasta, drain and set aside. Brown Kielbasa in oil and transfer to plate. Melt butter in same pot over med-high heat. Add shallots and cararway seeds; cook until seeds are toasted, about 3 min.
- Whisk in flour, coating shallots; cook 1 min. Whisk in milk and cook, whisking often until thickened slightly about 5-8 min. Reduce heat to low. Add cheeses by the handful, whisking until melted before adding next handful. Stir in dijon and worcestershire, then stir in pasta and kielbasa; transfer to prepared baking dish. Sprinkle bread topping over casserole and bake until sauce is bubbly and crumbs brown (about 20-25 min). Let rest for 5 minutes gefore serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by batesballard22 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Alpine Mac 'n Cheese with Kielbsa and Dijon Mustard Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes