Alphabet Chicken Soup
If you want to use homemade broth but don't quite have 8 cups, use commercial broth to make up the difference. Any small pasta will work in this recipe.
More From Southern Living
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (32-ounce) containers chicken broth (8 cups)
- 2 cups Seasoned Shredded Chicken
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup alphabet-shaped pasta, uncooked
- Sauté first 3 ingredients in hot oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat 5 minutes; add garlic, and sauté 1 minute. Stir in broth, chicken, thyme, and salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes. Stir in pasta, and cook 8 more minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews