Community Recipe from
- 3 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 1 pound(s) yellow onions chopped
- 2 teaspoon(s) minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon(s) minced ginger
- 2 piece(s) Jalepeno peppers stemmed, seeded, chopped
- 1 pound(s) fresh spinach stemmed, well rinsed
- 1-1/2 pound(s) potatoes 3/4 inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon(s) Garam Masala
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Cumin Seed
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup(s) Heavy cream or 1/2 cup Plain Yogurt
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large saute pan or saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onions, garlic, ginger, and jalapenos and cook until tender, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil. Add the spinach and cook until wilted, about 1 minute. Remove with a slotted spoon.
- Place the onion mixture and spinach in a blender or food processor and blend on high speed to make a paste. Set aside.
- Place the potatoes in a medium saucepan of water to cover by 1-inch. Add the teaspoon of salt and the turmeric and bring to a boil. Cook until the potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes. Drain in a colander.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in a large saute pan or skillet. Add the garam masala, cumin seeds, and cayenne, and cook, stirring, for 15 seconds. Add the spinach paste and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the potatoes and 1/4 cup of water, and cook, stirring, until the potatoes absorb the water, about 2 minutes. Return mixture to food processor and puree. Add the cream and cook until thick, about 1 minute. Adjust the seasoning, to taste.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mambaza and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes