Community Recipe from
- 1/4 cup(s) Vegetable oil
- 1 piece(s) Large onion cut into small pieces
- 1 bunch(es) Fresh coriander Separate stalks and leaves, roughly chop
- 1 piece(s) Small Green chili or 1t Chile powder
- 2 can(s) diced tomatoes Large cans
- 3 package(s) Large Potatoes Peel and cut into even pieces
- 1 piece(s) Large Cauliflower Remove leaves, cut into even pieces
- 1 tablespoon(s) Cumin seed
- 1 tablespoon(s) Turmeric
- 1 tablespoon(s) Salt
- 2 tablespoon(s) Garam Masala
- Fresh Ginger chopped
- Fresh Garlic chopped
- 1. Heat vegetable oil in a large saucepan.
- 2. Add the chopped onion and one teaspoon of cumin seeds to the oil.
- 3. Stir together and cook until onions become creamy, golden, and translucent.
- 4. Add chopped coriander stalks, two teaspoons of turmeric, and one teaspoon of salt.
- 5. Add chopped chilis (according to taste) Stir tomatoes into onion mixture.
- 6. Add ginger and garlic; mix thoroughly.
- 7. Add potatoes and cauliflower to the sauce plus a few tablespoons of water (ensuring that the mixture doesn't stick to the saucepan).
- 8. Ensure that the potatoes and cauliflower are coated with the curry sauce.
- 9. Cover and allow to simmer for twenty minutes (or until potatoes are cooked).
- 10. Add two teaspoons of Garam Masala and stir.
- 11. Sprinkle chopped coriander leaves on top of the curry.
- 12. Turn off the heat, cover, and leave for as long as possible before serving
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mambaza and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes