Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/4 cup(s) Vegetable oil
- 1 piece(s) Large onion cut into small pieces
- 1 bunch(es) Fresh coriander Separate stalks and leaves, roughly chop
- 1 piece(s) Small Green chili or 1t Chile powder
- 2 can(s) diced tomatoes Large cans
- 3 package(s) Large Potatoes Peel and cut into even pieces
- 1 piece(s) Large Cauliflower Remove leaves, cut into even pieces
- 1 tablespoon(s) Cumin seed
- 1 tablespoon(s) Turmeric
- 1 tablespoon(s) Salt
- 2 tablespoon(s) Garam Masala
- Fresh Ginger chopped
- Fresh Garlic chopped
- 1. Heat vegetable oil in a large saucepan.
- 2. Add the chopped onion and one teaspoon of cumin seeds to the oil.
- 3. Stir together and cook until onions become creamy, golden, and translucent.
- 4. Add chopped coriander stalks, two teaspoons of turmeric, and one teaspoon of salt.
- 5. Add chopped chilis (according to taste) Stir tomatoes into onion mixture.
- 6. Add ginger and garlic; mix thoroughly.
- 7. Add potatoes and cauliflower to the sauce plus a few tablespoons of water (ensuring that the mixture doesn't stick to the saucepan).
- 8. Ensure that the potatoes and cauliflower are coated with the curry sauce.
- 9. Cover and allow to simmer for twenty minutes (or until potatoes are cooked).
- 10. Add two teaspoons of Garam Masala and stir.
- 11. Sprinkle chopped coriander leaves on top of the curry.
- 12. Turn off the heat, cover, and leave for as long as possible before serving
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mambaza and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note