Almost Mashed Potatoes
Community Recipe from
- 6 cup(s) cauliflower 1 medium head
- Almost Mashed Potatoes
- Diet types:
- CKD non-dialysisDialysisDiabetes
- Recipe submitted by DaVita dietitian Amity from Florida.
- Portions: 6 Serving size: 1/2 cup
- 6 cups cauliflower (1 medium head)
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Cut cauliflower into pieces and rinse with water.
- Place cauliflower pieces in a microwave safe dish, cover and cook on high for 8 to 10 minutes or until soft.
- Drain off moisture from cooked cauliflower.
- Carefully place hot cauliflower in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add cream cheese, garlic, and pepper. Blend to combine ingredients.
- Remove from blender and serve hot.
- Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1 vegetable, medium potassium
- 1-1/2 fat
- Carbohydrate choices
- Helpful hints
- Garlic powder may be substituted for the minced garlic.
- Since cauliflower is bland like potatoes, this recipe tastes similar to mashed potatoes. The potassium content is 100 mg lower per serving.
- To reduce fat content, use light cream cheese. Protein, sodium, potassium and phosphorus content will be slightly higher.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Nileen and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Almost Mashed Potatoes Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables
More Recipes for Main Dishes