More From Coastal Living
Stand: 5 Minutes
Chill: 3 Hours, 30 Minutes
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons almond liqueur
- 1/2 cup whole blanched almonds
- 1. Bring cream to a boil over medium heat in a small saucepan. Remove from heat, and add chocolate. Let stand 5 minutes. Stir until mixture is smooth. Stir in liqueur. Transfer to a bowl, cover, and refrigerate 2 hours or until mixture is chilled.
- 2. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°. Place almonds in a single layer in a shallow pan. Bake, stirring occasionally, 6 to 8 minutes or until lightly toasted and fragrant. Transfer to a plate; cool. Finely chop, and set aside.
- 3. Drop chilled chocolate mixture by rounded teaspoonfuls onto a wax paper-lined tray. Refrigerate 30 minutes. Remove from refrigerator and, working quickly, use your hands to shape chocolate into balls. Return to tray, and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 4. Roll each ball in reserved almonds to coat. Place truffles on tray, and refrigerate at least 30 minutes or up to 3 days. Serve at room temperature.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note