THe torte had incredible flavor and a lovely texture. My husband, who isn't a big dessert fan, loved it and my mother couldn't stop complimenting me. I brought the leftovers to the office where I received more compliments and a request for the recipe. Easy to make and receives high marks for good presentation. A great recipe for little effort.
Almond Torte with Cranberry Jam
More From Oxmoor House
- 12 ounces pure almond paste, crumbled (we tested with Odense)
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons almond liqueur
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Powdered sugar
- Cranberry Jam
- Lightly grease and line bottom of a 9" springform pan with parchment paper; set aside.
- Beat almond paste, butter, and granulated sugar at medium speed with a heavy-duty stand mixer until blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition. Beat in liqueur.
- Combine flour and baking powder; add to butter mixture, beating at low speed just until blended. Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 325° for 1 hour or until cake is golden and edges spring back when lightly touched. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Dust cake with powdered sugar, and serve with Cranberry Jam.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts