Almond Toffee Ice Cream Loaf
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted*, divided
- 2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs (about 42 wafers)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle BrandÂ® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 (1.4 oz.) English toffee candy bars, crushed
- 2 cups (1 pt.) heavy cream, whipped
- LINE 9- x 5-inch loaf pan with aluminum foil, extending foil above sides of pan. Finely chop 1/2 cup almonds; combine with wafer crumbs in medium bowl. Reserve 1 cup crumb mixture; combine remainder with butter. Press firmly into bottom and halfway up sides of prepared pan.
COMBINE sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and almond extracts in large bowl; mix well. Stir in reserved crumb mixture, crushed candy bars and remaining 1/2 cup chopped almonds. Fold in whipped cream.
POUR into prepared pan; cover and freeze 6 hours or until firm. To serve, remove from pan. Invert and peel off foil. Garnish as desired. Slice to serve.
*To toast almonds: Place almonds in dry nonstick skillet; cook over medium heat, shaking pan until nuts are lightly browned.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts