This was delicious, and even pretty! It reminds me of a recipe my grandmother would make for parties--very special and out-of-the-ordinary. Everybody wanted the recipe!
Photo: Tina Cornett; Styling: Mary Lyn Hill
Yield: 3 quarts
- 12 cups water, divided
- 4 family-size tea bags
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/3 cups fresh lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Garnishes: lemon, lime, and orange slices
- Bring 4 cups water to a boil: pour over tea bags. Cover and steep 10 minutes; discard tea bags.
- Bring remaining 8 cups water and sugar to a boil in a large saucepan, stirring constantly; boil 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in tea, lemon juice, and extracts. Chill. Serve over ice; garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This