Very good, but it did not cook well in the pan, maybe they were too thick? I had to finish them in the oven to get the inside hot enough. The recipe is definitely a repeat, but next time I will do in the oven or on the grill.
The nutty, cheesy filling spices up chicken breasts and is a snap to make. Toast the almonds in a skillet before you cook the chicken and you'll have just one pan to clean. Serve with couscous and haricots verts.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 288
- Fat: 12.7g
- Saturated fat: 4.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Protein: 37.5g
- Carbohydrate: 3.9g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Cholesterol: 111mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 496mg
- Calcium: 109mg
- 1/3 cup light garlic-and-herbs spreadable cheese (such as Boursin light)
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted, coarsely chopped, and divided
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1. Combine spreadable cheese, 3 tablespoons almonds, and 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley in a small bowl. Set aside.
- 2. Cut a horizontal slit through thickest portion of each breast half to form a pocket. Stuff 1 1/2 tablespoons almond mixture into each pocket; secure each pocket with a wooden pick. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- 3. Heat butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add chicken to pan; cook 6 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from pan; cover and let stand 2 minutes. Top chicken with remaining 1 tablespoon almonds and remaining 1 tablespoon parsley.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note