Why didn't anyone else have a problem with the Boursin/almond stuffing melting away and falling out??? I skewered the pockets shut but by the time the chicken was done there was nothing left inside, just melted cheese and butter in the skillet... We couldn't really taste the Boursin, just the chicken. I served this with farmers' market yellow and green squash baked with onions and Heirloom tomatoes. Yum. Not sure I'll make it again unless I can figure out how to keep the stuffing from disappearing...
Photo: Randy Mayor; Styling: Leigh Ann Ross
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 288
- Fat: 12.7g
- Saturated fat: 4.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Protein: 37.5g
- Carbohydrate: 3.9g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Cholesterol: 111mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 496mg
- Calcium: 109mg
- 1/3 cup light garlic-and-herbs spreadable cheese (such as Boursin light)
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted, coarsely chopped, and divided
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1. Combine spreadable cheese, 3 tablespoons almonds, and 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley in a small bowl. Set aside.
- 2. Cut a horizontal slit through thickest portion of each breast half to form a pocket. Stuff 1 1/2 tablespoons almond mixture into each pocket; secure each pocket with a wooden pick. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- 3. Heat butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add chicken to pan; cook 6 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from pan; cover and let stand 2 minutes. Top chicken with remaining 1 tablespoon almonds and remaining 1 tablespoon parsley.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This