Almond Puff Pastries
These puff pastries have a crisp topping and creamy filling. From Barbara Harrison: Monte Sereno, California. Recipe published in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 package(s) (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, separated
- 1 tablespoon(s) water
- 1 cup(s) sliced almonds
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 2 cup(s) heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Confectioners' sugar
- • Unfold pastry sheets onto a lightly floured surface. Cut each sheet into nine 3-in. squares. Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets; set aside. In a small bowl, beat egg yolk and water; brush over pastry squares. In another bowl, beat egg white; add almonds and sugar. Spread over each square.
- • Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until well puffed and browned. Cool completely on wire racks.
- • Split pastries in half horizontally. Fill with whipped cream; replace tops. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Serve immediately.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note