- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted* and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 pkgs. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- ALMOND PRALINE TOPPING
- 1/3 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup chopped, toasted* slivered almonds
How to Make It
HEAT oven to 300°F. Combine graham cracker crumbs, almonds, brown sugar and butter in medium bowl; press firmly into bottom of ungreased 9-inch springform pan or 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
BEAT cream cheese until fluffy in large bowl. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk until smooth (do not overbeat). Add eggs and almond extract; mix well. Pour over crust.
BAKE 55 to 60 minutes or until center is set. Cool. Top with Almond Praline Topping. Chill.
ALMOND PRALINE TOPPING
COMBINE brown sugar and cream in small saucepan. Cook and stir until sugar dissolves. Simmer 5 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in 1/2 cup chopped, toasted slivered almonds. Spoon evenly over cheesecake. (For 13 x 9-inch pan, double all topping ingredients; simmer 10 to 12 minutes or until thickened).
1/2 cup chopped, toasted* slivered almonds
TIP: *To toast almonds: Place almonds in dry nonstick skillet; cook over medium heat, shaking pan until nuts are lightly browned.