Almond Potato Puff
This recipe is a refreshing change from fried or mashed potatoes. Recipe published in Country Extra January 1997.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/2 pound(s) potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup(s) heavy whipping cream, warmed
- 1/2 cup(s) ground almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup(s) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup(s) slivered almonds
- • Cook potatoes in boiling water until tender, about 15 minutes; drain and place in a bowl.
- • In a skillet, saute onion in butter until tender; add to potatoes. On low speed, beat in eggs, one at a time, until smooth. Beat in cream (the mixture will be thin). Add the ground almonds, salt and nutmeg.
- • Spoon into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese and almonds. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes or until heated through.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note