Almond Polenta Cake
Adapted from "Eat Well" by Charity Ferreira as seen in Yoga Journal 12/09
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3/4 cup(s) softed unsalted butter
- 1 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon(s) almond extract
- 1 teaspoon(s) grated lemon zest
- 1 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup(s) stone-ground polenta
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 3/4 cup(s) buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 350. Butter and flour 6-cup tube pan.
- Set mixer to medium-high, beat butter and granulated sugar in large bowl until smooth. Add eggs individually, beating well after each. Stir in almond extract and zest.
- In small bowl, add flour, polenta, baking powder and salt. Stir half the flour mixture into butter mixture. Add buttermilk, then remaining flour blend. Mix. Scrape batter into prepared pan and bake 40 - 50 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in to center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes then invert onto cooling rack. Cool completely.
- Combine powdered sugar and water to desired consistency to make glaze, drizzle over cake, garnish w/sliced almonds if desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kenders and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note