Almond Pear Tartlets
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup(s) plus 6 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup(s) heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) almond extract
- 1 10-ounce package(s) frozen puff pastry shells, thawed
- 2 small ripe pears, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) ground ginger
- 1/2 cup(s) slivered almonds, toasted, optional
- • In a small saucepan, combine the egg, 1/2 cup sugar, cream and butter. Cook and stir until the sauce is thickened and a thermometer reads 160°. Remove from the heat; stir in extract. Cover and refrigerate.
- • On an unfloured surface, roll each pastry into a 4-in. circle. Place in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Top each with pear slices. Combine the cinnamon, ginger and remaining sugar; sprinkle over pears.
- • Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until pastry is golden brown. Sprinkle with almonds if desired. Serve warm with chilled cream sauce.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note