- 1 (15-ounce) package refrigerated piecrusts
- 6 1/2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened and divided
- 4 ounces almond paste, crumbled
- 5 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup brandy, divided
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 red pears, unpeeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon whipping cream
- Garnishes: sweetened whipped cream, sliced almonds, ground cinnamon
- Unfold piecrusts; stack on a lightly floured surface. Roll into a 12-inch circle. Fit into a 10-inch tart pan with removable bottom; trim excess pastry.
- Beat 4 tablespoons butter, almond paste, 1 tablespoon sugar, 2 tablespoons brandy, 1/3 cup flour, and next 3 ingredients at medium speed with a mixer until blended; spread in crust.
- Toss together 2 tablespoons sugar and pear; arrange in circles, overlapping slices, on top of filling.
- Cook preserves in a saucepan over low heat until melted. Pour through a fine wire-mesh strainer, discarding solids. Stir in 1 tablespoon butter, remaining 2 tablespoons brandy, and cream; drizzle over pears.
- Combine remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, and remaining 2 tablespoons flour; cut in reamining 1 1/2 tablespoons butter with a fork until blended. Sprinkle evenly over pears.
- Bake at 400º on bottom rack 40 minutes. Cool in pan on wire rack 15 minutes. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This