Community Recipe from
- 3/4 cup(s) butter
- 1 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) vinegar
- 1 tablespoon(s) ice water (optional)
- 1 cup(s) (8oz.) almond paste (filling)
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh orange juice (filling)
- 1 tablespoon(s) grated orange rind (filling)
- 1 egg white (filling)
- 1 egg yolk (glaze)
- 2 tablespoon(s) milk (glaze)
- 1)Cut butter into flour until butter is the size of split peas.2)Beat whole egg with the vinegar.3)Pour mixture over flour and butter.4)Toss with fork to make a dough that holds together (add 1 tbsp.ice water if necessary). 5 )Gather into a ball.6)Cover,and chill for 30 minutes.7)Meanwhile,prepare the filling.8)Mix the almond paste with the orange juice and orange rind.9)Stir in egg white and blend until smooth and paste-like.10)Set aside.11)Prepare the glaze by mixing the egg yolk and milk until blended.12)Set aside.13)Roll out pastry to 1/4-inch thickness.14)Cut into triangles with 4-inch sides.15)Place a teaspoonful of the almond paste filling in the center of each pastry triangle.16)Fold points over the center.17)Place pastries on ungreased cookie sheet.18)Brush with the egg yolk mixture.19)Bake at 400`f for 15 minutes or until puffed and golden.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by becy420 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note