Community Recipe from
- 3/4 cup(s) butter
- 1 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) vinegar
- 1 tablespoon(s) ice water (optional)
- 1 cup(s) (8oz.) almond paste (filling)
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh orange juice (filling)
- 1 tablespoon(s) grated orange rind (filling)
- 1 egg white (filling)
- 1 egg yolk (glaze)
- 2 tablespoon(s) milk (glaze)
- 1)Cut butter into flour until butter is the size of split peas.2)Beat whole egg with the vinegar.3)Pour mixture over flour and butter.4)Toss with fork to make a dough that holds together (add 1 tbsp.ice water if necessary). 5 )Gather into a ball.6)Cover,and chill for 30 minutes.7)Meanwhile,prepare the filling.8)Mix the almond paste with the orange juice and orange rind.9)Stir in egg white and blend until smooth and paste-like.10)Set aside.11)Prepare the glaze by mixing the egg yolk and milk until blended.12)Set aside.13)Roll out pastry to 1/4-inch thickness.14)Cut into triangles with 4-inch sides.15)Place a teaspoonful of the almond paste filling in the center of each pastry triangle.16)Fold points over the center.17)Place pastries on ungreased cookie sheet.18)Brush with the egg yolk mixture.19)Bake at 400`f for 15 minutes or until puffed and golden.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by becy420 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes