This recipe requires 1 1/4 cans of sweetened condensed milk. Stir leftover milk into coffee.
Yield: Makes 6 servings
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 2/3 cups sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup milk
- 3 large eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons grated orange rind
- 1 teaspoon fresh orange juice
- 1 (2.25-ounce) package slivered almonds
- 4 oranges, sectioned
- Sprinkle sugar in an 8-inch round cakepan. Place over medium heat, and cook, tilting pan or stirring until sugar melts and turns a light golden brown. Remove from heat. (Mixture may crack slightly as it cools.)
- Process condensed milk and next 6 ingredients in a blender 15 seconds; pour over caramelized sugar. Cover pan with aluminum foil, and place in a 13- x 9-inch pan. Pour hot water into larger pan to a depth of 1 inch.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until set. Remove pan from water; uncover and cool in pan on a wire rack at least 30 minutes. Cover and chill 8 hours. Loosen edges with a thin knife. Invert flan onto serving plate; arrange orange sections on top.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note