- Cooking spray
- 1.3 ounces potato starch (about 1/4 cup)
- 1.15 ounces brown rice flour (about 1/4 cup)
- 0.9 ounce almond meal flour (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons white rice flour
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon rind
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar
- calories 142
- fat 2.8 g
- satfat 0.9 g
- monofat 0.7 g
- polyfat 0.3 g
- protein 2.2 g
- carbohydrate 28.1 g
- fiber 0.4 g
- cholesterol 48 mg
- iron 0.4 mg
- sodium 130 mg
- calcium 32 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°.
Line an 8-inch square metal baking pan with foil, allowing foil to extend over edge of pan; coat foil with cooking spray.
Weigh or lightly spoon potato starch, brown rice flour, and almond meal flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Place potato starch, brown rice flour, almond meal flour, brown sugar, butter, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and almond extract in a food processor; process until well blended. Press mixture into bottom of prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes; cool 15 minutes on a wire rack.
Wipe out food processor bowl with a paper towel. Place 1/4 teaspoon salt, granulated sugar, white rice flour, and next 4 ingredients (through eggs) in food processor; process until well blended. Pour into prepared crust.
Bake at 350° for 25 to 27 minutes or just until center is set. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
Lift lemon bars from pan, using foil sides as handles. Cut into 16 squares. Remove from foil; place on a platter. Dust with powdered sugar.