Once chilled chocolate layer is difficult to cut through causing layers to smash together and not so pretty presentation. Coconut flavor barely distinguishable. Very disappointing. Made for Christmas eve and no rave reviews. Don't bother to make. There are much better cheesecake recipes out there to impress a crowd.
"Almond Joy" Cheesecake
Taking its cues from the classic candy bar, this cheesecake recipe has cream of coconut added to these cream cheese filling and it's completed with a chocolate-cream of coconut topping and sliced almonds.
More From Allyou
Chill: 7 Hours
- Calories: 677
- Fat: 53g
- Saturated fat: 34g
- Protein: 11g
- Carbohydrate: 49g
- Fiber: 5g
- Cholesterol: 142mg
- Sodium: 470mg
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 8-oz. packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup canned cream of coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Topping (optional):
- 1/2 cup canned cream of coconut
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- Toasted coconut
- Sliced almonds
- 1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Make crust: In a bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs, almonds and salt with a flexible spatula. Stir in melted butter until dry ingredients are lightly moistened. Press mixture into bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. Wrap outside of pan tightly with two layers of aluminum foil. Bake for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Leave foil on.
- 2. Make filling: Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat cream cheese and sugar until well combined and light, about 2 minutes. Scrape down sides and bottom of bowl and beat again until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Scrape down bowl again. Beat in vanilla, cream of coconut and salt. (Pour remaining cream of coconut into a small bowl, cover it with plastic and refrigerate to use later in topping.) Pour filling onto crust. Transfer springform pan to a roasting pan; fill roasting pan with hot tap water until it reaches 1 inch up sides of springform pan.
- 3. Bake for 1 hour, until filling is set but still a bit jiggly in center (it will firm up as it cools). Take springform pan out of roasting pan and remove foil. Let cake cool on a wire rack for 1 hour.
- 4. Lightly cover cheesecake with plastic wrap and refrigerate until cold and firm, at least 6 hours.
- 5. Make topping: Pour cream of coconut and heavy cream into a saucepan and warm over medium-low heat until mixture is just simmering. In a bowl, pour mixture over chocolate and whisk until melted and mixture is smooth. Let it cool. Pour 1/2 cup to 1 cup topping over cheesecake, spreading with an offset spatula. Garnish with toasted coconut and sliced almonds, if desired. Chill until chocolate mixture has set, about 10 minutes. Run a sharp paring knife around inside of pan; release sides. Slice and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note