One of my go-to tilapia recipes. I add some hot pepper.
Almond-Crusted Tilapia is a simple seafood supper with just six ingredients. If you don't have a skillet large enough to hold all the fillets comfortably, we recommend cooking them in batches. You can substitute catfish, flounder, or orange roughy for tilapia.
More From Southern Living
- 1 cup sliced almonds, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 (6-oz.) tilapia fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1. Process 1/2 cup almonds in a food processor until finely chopped, and combine with 1/4 cup flour in a shallow bowl.
- 2. Sprinkle fish evenly with salt; dredge in almond mixture.
- 3. Melt butter with olive oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat; add fish, and cook 4 minutes on each side or until golden. Remove fillets to a serving plate.
- 4. Add remaining 1/2 cup almonds to skillet, and cook, stirring often, 1 minute or until golden. Remove almonds with a slotted spoon, and sprinkle over fish.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This