Almond Crisps Drizzled with Chocolate
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temp
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds
- 6 oz semisweet chocolate chopped
- 1 tsp solid vegetable shortening
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on high speed, cream the butter until fluffy and pale yellow. Add the brown sugar and continue to beat on high speed until the mixture is no longer gritty when rubbed between your finger and thumb. Add the egg and vanilla and beat on low speed until blended.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt on to a sheet of waxed paper. Add the butter mixture and mix on low speed with a wooden spoon until well blended. Stir in the almonds.
- Preheat oven to 400. Have ready 2 ungreased, nonstick, baking sheets.
- Drop the batter by level teaspoons on to the baking sheets, spacing the cookies at least 2 inches apart. Bake until the edges turn golden but the cookies are still soft, about 5 minutes. Let the cookies cool on the pans on wire racks for exactly 5 minutes before transferring them to the racks to cool completely.
- To make the chocolate glaze, put the chocolate and shortening in to a double boiler over barely simmering water. Stir until well blended.
- Using a fork, drizzle the chocolate on top of the cookies. Let set for 1 hour.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Melissa123 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Almond Crisps Drizzled with Chocolate Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cookies