Almond Crème Caramel
Photo: Oxmoor House
This decadent Almond Crème Caramel gluten-free dessert looks like you spent all day slaving in the kitchen, but calls for just eight ingredients.
Yield: 9 servings (serving size: 1 slice)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 253
- Fat: 4.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 9.8g
- Carbohydrate: 43.1g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Cholesterol: 100mg
- Iron: 0.6mg
- Sodium: 118mg
- Calcium: 131mg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (14-ounce) can fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped almonds
- Sliced almonds, toasted (optional)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. Pour sugar into a 9-inch round cake pan. Place cake pan over medium heat. Cook 6 minutes or until sugar dissolves and is golden, shaking cake pan occasionally with tongs. Immediately remove from heat; set aside.
- 3. Place eggs in a medium bowl; stir with a whisk until foamy. Add extracts and milks; stir with a whisk. Stir in 1/4 cup almonds. Pour mixture into prepared cake pan. Cover with foil; place in a large shallow roasting pan. Place roasting pan in oven; add hot water to roasting pan to a depth of 1 inch. Bake at 350° for 55 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- 4. Remove cake pan from water; place on a wire rack. Remove foil. Cool custard in cake pan 30 minutes. Loosen edges with a knife or rubber spatula. Place a serving plate upside down on top of cake pan; invert custard onto plate, allowing syrup to drizzle over custard. Sprinkle with sliced almonds, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Almond Crème Caramel Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This