Almond-Cream Puff Ring
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) water
- 1/2 cup(s) butter
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup(s) cold milk
- 1 package(s) (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) almond extract
- 1 cup(s) heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1/2 cup(s) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) light corn syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) milk
- • Cover a baking sheet with foil; grease the foil. Trace a 12-in. circle onto foil; set aside. In a large saucepan, bring the water, butter and salt to a boil. Add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add egg, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny.
- • Drop batter by rounded tablespoonfuls along the inside of the circle (mounds should be slightly touching). Bake at 400° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Lift foil and transfer to a wire rack. Immediately cut a slit in the side of each puff to allow steam to escape; cool. Carefully cut ring in half horizontally and set top aside; remove soft dough from inside with a fork. Transfer to a serving plate.
- • In a bowl, whisk the milk, pudding mix and extract for 2 minutes. Chill for 5 minutes or until thickened. Fold in whipped cream. Spread over bottom of ring; replace top. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth. Stir in corn syrup and milk. Drizzle over ring. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 10-12 servings.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note