This recipe is a family favorite. Although I've varied what went into the salad with good results, I've found that the original recipe is the best!
Yield: 8 servings
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons grated grapefruit rind
- 1/2 cup fresh grapefruit juice
- 1 (0.7-ounce) envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 grapefruit
- 2 oranges
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 3 cups torn spinach
- 3 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 3 cups torn iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup Sweet-and-Spicy Almonds
- Combine oil and next 3 ingredients in a jar; cover tightly, and shake vigorously.
- Peel and section grapefruit and oranges, and place in a bowl. Add avocado to next 5 ingredients. Add dressing, tossing to coat. Sprinkle with Sweet-and-Spicy Almonds.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads