Almond Christmas Cookies
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 egg, well beaten
- Sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Sift together flour and 1 cup sugar in a large mixing bowl; cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal. Turn dough out, and knead 4 to 5 times on a well-floured surface, and return dough to mixing bowl. Add 1 egg, using hands to mix well. Repeat kneading procedure.
- Divide dough into fourths, and chill 2 hours. Roll one portion of dough to 1/4-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface; keep remaining dough chilled until ready to use. Cut with a 2- inch round cutter.
- Place on greased cookie sheets; brush with beaten egg. Press 3 almond slices in center of each cookie to resemble flower petals. Combine remaining 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over cookies.
- Bake at 350° for 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from cookie sheets, and cool on wire racks. Repeat procedure with remaining dough.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note