very sweet, but nice and moist and keeps well.
Coconut-Almond Chocolate Chip Cookies
Photo: Kate Sears; Styling: Gerri Williams for James Reps
These tiny Coconut-Almond Chocolate Chip Cookies pack a lot of flavor!
Yield: About 4 dozen (serving size: 1 cookie)
Cost per Serving: $.27
More From Allyou
Bake: 15 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 182
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Protein: 2g
- Carbohydrate: 21g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- Sodium: 79mg
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 19 tablespoons (2 sticks plus 3 Tbsp.) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1. Place almonds in a single layer in a dry skillet; cook over medium heat, stirring often, until lightly toasted and fragrant, about 5 minutes. Transfer almonds to a bowl to cool. When cool enough to handle, roughly chop almonds.
- 2. Place racks in upper and lower thirds of oven and preheat to 350°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat butter with both sugars until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Scrape down sides of bowl and beaters. Beat in eggs and extracts. Stir in flour mixture on low speed until combined. Stir in almonds, all chocolate chips and coconut.
- 3. Spoon dough by rounded tablespoons, 2 inches apart, onto baking sheets. Bake until edges are brown, 12 to 15 minutes, switching sheets from top to bottom and front to back halfway through. Let cookies cool on sheets on wire racks for 5 minutes, then transfer cookies to racks to cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note