Almond-cherry Rice Pilaf
- 2 tablespoon(s) Vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Salt
- 1 clove(s) Garlic Crushed
- 1 Medium onion Finely chopped
- 2 cup(s) Long-grain white rice
- 3 cup(s) Chicken broth
- 1/2 cup(s) Dried cherries Chopped
- 1/3 cup(s) Sliced almonds Toasted
- 1/4 cup(s) Fresh flat parsley leaves Finely chopped
- In a 5-qt pot heat oil on medium. Add onion and cook 4 minutes stirring occasionally. Add garlic and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook 2-4 minutes until garlic is golden, stirring frequently.
- Add rice to pot and cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add broth and cherries. Heat to boiling on high. Reduce heat to maintain simmer. Cover and simmer 20 minutes or until broth is absorbed. Remove from heat, let stand, covered for 5 minutes.
- Fluff rice with fork. Gently fold in almonds and parsley.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by quinsmom0 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Almond-cherry Rice Pilaf Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables