Almond Cake with Raspberry Puree
Yield: Yield: one 8-inch cake.
- 1 (8-ounce) can almond paste
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon kirsch
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Powdered sugar
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Heavily grease and lightly flour an 8-inch round cakepan. Set aside.
- Beat almond paste and butter at medium speed of an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add 3/4 cup sugar, beating well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Combine flour and baking powder; add to butter mixture. Mix at low speed just until blended. Stir in kirsch and almond extract. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350` for 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Invert cake onto a serving platter. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Place raspberries and 2 tablespoons sugar in container of an electric blender; process until smooth. Place puree in a wire-mesh strainer over a bowl; press with back of a spoon against sides of the strainer. Discard pulp and seeds remaining in strainer. Serve puree with Almond Cake.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Cakes/Frostings