I make this for my family often. We love breakfast for dinner. Tonight I used blueberries and left out the grapes. Quick, easy and delish.
Almond-Buttermilk Hotcakes with Blackberry-Grape Sauce
The blackberry-grape sauce drizzled on these hotcakes offers sources of antioxidants that may protect against cancer and improve mental function. This is the way breakfast should be—sweet and healthy.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 342
- Calories from fat: 21%
- Fat: 8.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Protein: 7.8g
- Carbohydrate: 61.7g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Cholesterol: 36mg
- Iron: 2.6mg
- Sodium: 435mg
- Calcium: 171mg
- 3 tablespoons seedless blackberry jam
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, halved lengthwise
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blackberries
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (about 6 3/4 ounces)
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cups nonfat buttermilk
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large egg
- Cooking spray
- To prepare sauce, combine the first 5 ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat, and stir with a whisk. Add grapes to pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 1 minute or until slightly thickened. Stir in the blackberries. Remove from heat, and keep warm.
- To prepare hotcakes, lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 5 ingredients (through salt) in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Combine buttermilk and remaining ingredients except cooking spray; add to flour mixture, stirring until smooth.
- Pour about 1/4 cup batter onto a hot nonstick griddle or nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray. Cook 2 minutes or until tops are covered with bubbles and edges looked cooked. Carefully turn pancakes over; cook for 2 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Repeat procedure with remaining batter. Serve hotcakes with sauce.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Almond-Buttermilk Hotcakes with Blackberry-Grape Sauce Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This