- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (about 3 ounces) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons smooth almond butter
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 4.75 ounces white whole-wheat flour (about 1 cup)
- 1.5 ounces whole-wheat flour (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- calories 104
- fat 3.8 g
- satfat 1.9 g
- monofat 1.2 g
- polyfat 0.3 g
- protein 1.6 g
- carbohydrate 16.2 g
- fiber 0.5 g
- cholesterol 25 mg
- iron 0.7 mg
- sodium 127 mg
- calcium 19 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°.
Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
Place the first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl, and beat with a mixer at high speed until well combined (about 2 minutes). Add 1 teaspoon lemon rind, vanilla extract, and egg yolks; beat until well blended.
Weigh or lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flours, baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, and 1/2 teaspoon salt; stir with a whisk. Add flour mixture to butter mixture; beat at low speed until well combined. Drop half of the dough by rounded tablespoons onto prepared baking sheet. Combine the remaining 1 teaspoon cinnamon and granulated sugar in a small bowl; sprinkle half of the cinnamon-sugar mixture evenly over cookies. Bake at 350° for 6 minutes; flatten cookies with the back of a spatula. Bake an additional 6 minutes. Cool on pans 1 minute. Remove from pans, and cool on wire racks. Repeat procedure with remaining dough and sugar mixture.