Almond Butter and Smashed Berry Sandwiches
Lightly sweetened berries take the place of sugary jam or jelly in these quick breakfast sandwiches. If you're eating them on the go, just wrap them in waxed paper.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 261
- Calories from fat: 36%
- Protein: 2.4g
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated fat: 0.2g
- Carbohydrate: 9.2g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Sodium: 288mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1/4 cup fresh or thawed frozen blackberries
- 1/4 cup fresh or thawed frozen blueberries
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 whole-wheat English muffins, split
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1. Smash berries with honey in a small bowl, using a fork.
- 2. Toast muffins, then spread each half with almond butter. Sprinkle lightly with the salt.
- 3. Transfer berries to muffin bottoms, using a slotted spoon. Set muffin tops in place.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per sandwich.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note