Not super impressed with them. The have a nice almond flavor but they are bland. I wouldn't make these again.
Almond Butter Cookies
More From Sunset
1 Hour, 45 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 59
- Calories from fat: 53%
- Protein: 1.1g
- Fat: 3.4g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Carbohydrate: 6.2g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Sodium: 43mg
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- 3/4 cup (3/8 lb.) butter, at room temperature
- 8 ounces almond paste (about 1 cup)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1. In a bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter, almond paste, and sugar until very smooth. Beat in eggs and almond extract until well blended, scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
- 2. In another bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir or beat into butter mixture until well blended.
- 3. Place almonds in a shallow dish. Shape dough into 1-inch balls and roll in almonds to coat. Place balls 1 inch apart on buttered or cooking parchment-lined baking sheets. With a lightly floured fork, flatten balls into 1 1/4-inch rounds.
- 4. Bake cookies in a 350° oven until lightly browned, 10 to 12 minutes; if baking more than one pan at a time, switch pan positions halfway through baking. With a wide spatula, transfer cookies to racks to cool.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per cookie.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note