Almond Biscotti Recipe
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup (145 grams) blanched whole almonds, toasted and chopped coarsely
- 1 teaspoon (5 grams) baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (260 grams) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (150 grams) granulated white sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pure almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Toast almonds for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned and fragrant. Let cool and then chop coarsely. Set aside.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl lightly beat the eggs and extracts together. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer (or with a hand mixer) combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Beat until blended (about 30 seconds). Gradually add the egg mixture and beat until a dough forms, adding almonds about halfway through. On a lightly floured surface roll dough into a log about 14 inches (35 cm) long and 3 - 4 inches (8 - 10 cm) wide. Transfer log to the prepared baking sheet and bake for 30-40 minutes, or until firm to the touch (log will spread during baking). Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack for about 10 minutes.
- Transfer log to a cutting board and, using a serrated knife, cut log into slices 1/2 inch (1.25 cm) thick on the diagonal. Arrange evenly on baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes, turn slices over, and bake another 10 minutes or until firm to the touch. Remove from oven and let cool. Store in an airtight container.
- Note: Can substitute hazelnuts or walnuts for the almonds. If desired, add 1 tablespoon (5 grams) of orange or lemon zest to the egg mixture.
- You can put a chocolate glaze on the biscotti. Melt 3 ounces (85 grams) of semi-sweet or white chocolate and 1 teaspoon (5 grams) vegetable shortening in a small metal bowl placed over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until melted and smooth. When melted, place chocolate into a parchment triangle or small plastic bag with one edge cut. Pipe onto the biscotti in a decorative pattern. Alternatively, you can dip or spread with a small metal spatula one side of the biscotti with chocolate and let dry on a clean baking sheet.
- Read more: http://www.joyofbaking.com/biscotti/AlmondBiscotti.html#ixzz0x3o5t3XO
This recipe is a personal recipe added by MonicaBP3 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Almond Biscotti Recipe Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cookies