original recipe from Kris Hubbard,Grace Chapel Cookbook Makes about 20-30 cookies depending on the size of the loaf and how they are sliced.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) butter softened
- 2 teaspoon(s) water OR freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 teaspoon(s) almond extract
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 2 eggs
- Zest of 1 Orange Or Lemon
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 3 1/2 cup(s) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup(s) almonds slivered or sliced
- 1/2 cup(s) dried red raspberries Or other dried fruit
- Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy. Add water Or orange juice, vanilla, almond, and eggs. Combine flour, sliced almonds, baking powder and salt. Add to egg mixture and mix well. Stir in dried fruit. ( I usually add a little more almonds and dried fruit after mixing)
- Shape 1/2 dough into 10x3 rectangle on ungreased cookie sheet.( I use parchment paper to line pan) The dough should be about 1 " thick. Repeat with remaining 1/2 of dough.
- Bake 25-30 minutes at 350* or until center is firm to touch. Remove from oven and cool on sheet for 15 minutes without removing the baked loaves from sheet. After cooling, cut loaves into 1/2 " thick slices with a serrated edge knife and lay down on cut sides of cookie sheet. Bake again for 7 minutes, flip cookies and bake again for an additional 7 minutes till crisp and dry( less if you want softer cookies)
- Cool. Enjoy with a hot beverage or right out of the cookie jar.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by carolynjgardner and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note