Yield: 1 (10-inch) tart
- 1 (15-ounce) package refrigerated piecrusts
- 6 1/2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened and divided
- 4 ounces almond paste, crumbled
- 5 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup brandy, divided
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon whipping cream
- Garnishes: sweetened whipped cream, sliced almonds, ground cinnamon
- Unfold piecrusts; stack on a lightly floured surface. Roll into a 12-inch circle. Fit into a 10-inch tart pan with removable bottom; trim excess pastry.
- Beat 4 tablespoons butter, almond paste, 1 tablespoon sugar, 2 tablespoons brandy, 1/3 cup flour, and next 3 ingredients at medium speed with a mixer until blended; spread in crust.
- Toss together 2 tablespoons sugar and apple; arrange in circles, overlapping slices, on top of filling.
- Cook preserves in a saucepan over low heat until melted. Pour through a fine wire-mesh strainer, discarding solids. Stir in 1 tablespoon butter, remaining 2 tablespoons brandy, and cream; drizzle over apples.
- Combine remaining 2 tablespoons sugar and remaining 2 tablespoons flour; cut in remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons butter with a fork until blended. Sprinkle evenly over apples.
- Bake at 400° on bottom rack 40 minutes. Cool in pan on wire rack 15 minutes. Garnish, if desired.
- Almond-Pear Tart: Substitute 2 red pears, unpeeled and thinly sliced for Granny Smith apples.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts