Almond-and-Pistachio Brown Rice Pilaf
Other Time: 48 Minutes
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup MAHATMA Natural Whole Grain Brown Rice
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 1/3 cup roasted, salted pistachios
- 1/3 cup dried currants
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1. Sauté onion in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 3 to 4 minutes or until tender. Stir in rice and garam masala, and cook, stirring often, 3 minutes or until fragrant and rice is lightly browned; add garlic, and cook 1 minute.
- 2. Add broth and salt, and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook 45 minutes or until rice is tender.
- 3. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°. Bake almonds in a single layer in a shallow pan 6 to 8 minutes or until lightly toasted and fragrant.
- 4. Fluff rice mixture with a fork. Stir in almonds and remaining ingredients.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables