Allie's Mexican Chorizo and Egg Breakfast Muffins
Ha!! My kids were going to use the leftover muffins to chop up and roll up in tortillas to make breakfast burritos tomorrow morning but, there weren’t any leftover. Should I make more?? Nah. This can even be a great make ahead meal. Prepare mix the night before and cover and refrigerate. www.alliesgatorspices.com
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) white or yellow onions diced
- 1 cup(s) bell pepper (red, yellow and orange mixture works best) diced
- 1 teaspoon(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 6 ounce(s) Mexican Chorizo casing removed
- 11 eggs
- 1 tablespoon(s) Allie’s Gator Spices, Spicy Taco Seasoning
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Heat skillet swirl oil. Add pepper and onion. Cook stirring occasionally for 5 minutes or until vegetables are softened. Remove vegetables from pan into a glass or metal mixing bowl. Add Chorizo to skillet and use a spatula to break it up into course pieces. Continue cooking for about 4 minutes. Pour chorizo into a fine mesh strainer held over the sink to remove oil. Add chorizo and Allie’s Gator Spices, Spicy Taco Seasoning to vegetables and let rest stirring occasionally for 2 minutes or until cooled off a little so that the eggs won’t cook as soon as they are added. Crack all 11 eggs into the vegetable mixture and stir well using a fork. Spray a large 12 muffin tin, or two small 6 muffin tins with cooking spray. Bake 15 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by alliesgator and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note