1. Place vegetables in a 3 quart pot on a stovetop set at med heat or in crockpot on high.
2. Add ½ cup of the stock and 1/3 of the Allie’s Gator Spices, Spicy Taco Seasoning and simmer for 15 minutes or so.
3. Meanwhile, in a heavy skillet on medium high heat, add olive oil and swirl to coat. Add ground meat and cook stirring occasionally and using spatula to finely break up large clumps as it cooks.
4. When meat is completely cooked (i.e. ground beef should be brown and ground poultry should no longer be pink), add 1/3 more of the Allie’s Gator Spices, Spicy Taco Seasoning and stir well.
5. Drain meat in a colander over a bowl to reserve juices. Add the meat to the vegetables into the pot or crock pot.
6. Spoon 2-3 tablespoons of the reserved juices back into the skillet (add olive or canola oil if you run out of reserved juices). Reduce heat to low and add tomato paste a little at a time while mixing well between additions. Add more of the reserved juices or oil if needed to make a smooth paste.
7. Using the 6 ounce can, fill with stock (about ½ cup more or less). Stir using a teaspoon and then pour into the paste mixture slowly while stirring.
8. Add the last 1/3 of the Allie’s Gator Spices, Spicy Taco Seasoning and mix well. Continue to simmer while stirring for 5 minutes.
9. Add the drained beans and tomatoes (juice included) to the meat and vegetables in the pot or crockpot and stir until mixed well.
10. Pour the paste mixture from the skillet into the pot and stir well to combine. Return the skillet to the stove and add the remaining ½ cup of stock. Stir well to pick up the remaining paste and then pour mixture into the pot or crockpot.
11. Add black pepper to taste. Simmer on low/med on stovetop for at least 45 minutes or in the pot or crockpot on high for 1 hour, then on low for another 2 hours until flavors are combined and vegetables are tender. Note: The longer it simmers the better it gets!
Go to full version of