All You Classic Pie Crust
More From Allyou
Chill: 1 Hour
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled, cut into small pieces
- 6 tablespoons vegetable shortening, chilled, cut into small pieces
- 1. In a food processor, pulse flour and salt. Add butter; pulse until broken up into pieces no larger than peas. Add shortening; pulse until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal, with some pieces of butter still visible.
- 2. Sprinkle 1/3 cup ice water on top and pulse until dough just comes together, adding more water if necessary, 1 Tbsp. at a time.
- 3. Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead gently to bring together. Divide dough in half and shape each piece into a disk. Wrap in plastic and chill for at least 1 hour and up to 2 days.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This