Best guacamole!!! This is my go-to recipe since it first appeared in Sunset magazine. It's a nice chunky guacamole, with a great lime kick. When I make it there is never any left!!! Always gets compliments and recipe requests.
All-time Favorite Guacamole
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 112
- Calories from fat: 79%
- Protein: 1.6g
- Fat: 9.8g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Carbohydrate: 6.8g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Sodium: 9.2mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 ripe avocado (3/4 lb.)
- 1/3 cup chopped firm-ripe tomato
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots or onion, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and pressed or minced
- 2 to 3 teaspoons minced fresh jalapeño chili
- 1. Pit and peel avocado. Place in a bowl.
- 2. Add tomato, shallots, lime juice, cilantro, and garlic. With a potato masher, coarsely mash mixture. Add chili and salt to taste, and mix.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers