All-Occasion Generals Rolls
- 1 package dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1 cup warm milk (105° to 115°)
- 1 tablespoon shortening, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- Butter or margarine, melted (optional)
- Dissolve yeast and 1 teaspoon sugar in warm milk in a large bowl, stirring well; let stand 5 minutes or until bubbly. Add remaining sugar, shortening, salt, and 1 1/2 cups flour; beat at low speed of electric mixer until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to make a soft dough.
- Place dough in a greased bowl, turning to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 1 hour or until doubled in bulk.
- Punch dough down, and let rest 5 minutes. Divide dough into 16 portions. Roll each portion into a 10-inch rope on a lightly floured surface. Loosely coil ropes on a greased baking sheet. Cover and repeat rising procedure 1 hour or until doubled in bulk. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Brush rolls with melted butter, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This