This recipe is sooooo fun !!!! How can you not like cooking the pasta with the sauce all in one pot! Reminds me of the Kraft recipe for lasagna - no pre cookig of the noodles, even though you are not using the no cook noodles. I augmented and added some of the ingredients and spices to our taste. Anybody wants to know, call me or rsvp and I will be happy to share. Yummy!
Photo: William Dickey; Styling: Mary Lyn Hill Jenkins
More From Southern Living
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Dash of pepper
- 1 (7-ounce) package spaghetti, uncooked
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Garnish: fresh Italian parsley sprigs
- Cook first 3 ingredients in a Dutch oven, stirring until beef crumbles and is no longer pink; drain well. Return beef mixture to pan. Stir in tomato sauce and next 8 ingredients; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring often, 30 minutes.
- Add pasta; cover and simmer, stirring often, 20 minutes or until pasta is tender. Serve with cheese, and garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note