I read this recipe and all the good reviews yesterday and thought i will try it, even though I was a little sceptic. What a wonderful surprise. This is a very handy recipe when you have two toddlers that needs more time than the cooking. Thanx.
Photo: William Dickey; Styling: Mary Lyn Hill Jenkins
Yield: Makes 6 servings
More From Southern Living
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Dash of pepper
- 1 (7-ounce) package spaghetti, uncooked
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Garnish: fresh Italian parsley sprigs
- Cook first 3 ingredients in a Dutch oven, stirring until beef crumbles and is no longer pink; drain well. Return beef mixture to pan. Stir in tomato sauce and next 8 ingredients; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring often, 30 minutes.
- Add pasta; cover and simmer, stirring often, 20 minutes or until pasta is tender. Serve with cheese, and garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes