All American Meat Loaf
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 slices white bread
- 1 large carrot cut into rounds
- 1 rib celery cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, mashed
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 4 1/2 tsp. dry mustard
- 8 oz ground pork
- 8 oz ground round
- 8 oz ground veal or turkey
- 2 large beaten eggs
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp tabasco
- 1/2 tsp chopped rosemary plus extra for garnish
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small red onion cut into 1/4 inch rings
- STEP 1
- Heat oven to 400
- Remove crusts from bread. Process until fine curmbs form (about 10 seconds-don't use dry crumbs) Place in large mixing bowl.
- STEP 2
- mince carrots, celery, garlic, yellow onion, parsley in food processor for 10 seconds. Add to mixing bowl.
- STEP 3
- Add 1/2 cup ketchup, 2 tsp. mustard, meats, eggs, salt , pepper, tobasco, rosemary to bow. Knead thoroughly for one minute. don't over knead.
- STEP 4
- Set wire rack in 11 x 17 baking pan. Cut parchment paper to fit over rack. Form meat into loaf and place on parchment.
- STEP 5
- Mix remaining 3 tablespoons ketchup. 2 1/2 tsp mustard and brown sugar. Mix until smooth and brush on loaf.
- Heat oil over high heat and when smokes, add red onion and cook until soft and golden. Add 3 tablespoons water and cook until evaporated. Cool slightly and then sprinkle over meat.
- STEP 6
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining rosemary. continue baking until meat thermometer is 160 degrees about 25 minutes.
- Cool 15 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by march1954 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note