All American Meat Loaf
CKD non-dialysis/dialysis diet
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) Lean Ground Beef
- 1 egg
- All American Meatloaf
- Diet types:
- CKD non-dialysisDialysisDiabetes
- Recipe submitted by DaVita dietitian Joyce from Michigan.
- Portions: 6 Serving size: 1/6 slice of loaf
- nonstick cooking spray or oil to grease pan
- 1 pound lean ground beef (10% fat)
- 1 egg
- 20 squares saltine-type crackers, unsalted tops, finely crushed
- 2 tablespoons onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons liquid nondairy creamer
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup catsup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon milk
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Coat a loaf pan lightly with nonstick cooking spray or oil
- In large bowl, combine ground beef, egg, finely crushed crackers, onion, nondairy creamer and black pepper. Mix well.
- Form into a loaf and place in loaf pan. Bake for 40 minutes.
- To make topping sauce, mix catsup, brown sugar, vinegar and milk in a small bowl.
- Remove cooked meatloaf from oven and cover with sauce.
- Return pan to oven and bake for 10 additional minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160° F.
- Slice into 6 portions before serving.
- Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 2 meat
- 1/2 starch
- 1/2 high calorie
- Carbohydrate choices
- Helpful hints
- To finely crush crackers, place them in large zip-lock type plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin.
- Use leftover meatloaf to make sandwiches.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Nileen and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note