Community Recipe from
- 6 ounce(s) turkey italian sausgage
- 6 oz hot turkey Italian sausage
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound ground sirloin (I double this amount)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, de-seeded and chopped (I omit this)
- 2 Tbs. chili powder (or to your liking)
- 2 Tbs. brown sugar (I add more)
- 1 Tbs. ground cumin
- 3 Tbs. tomato paste
- 1 teasp. dried oregano
- 1/2 teasp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teasp. salt
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 1/4 cups Merlot or other fruity red wine
- 2 (28 oz) cans whole tomatoes undrained and coarsely chopped
- 2 (15 oz) can kidney beans, drained (I omit any type of beans...
- it's a big no-no to put any type of beans in Texas Chili.
- I add more ground beef instead.
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I add more)
- 1). Heat a large pot over med-high heat. Remove casings, add sausage, onion, and next 4 ingredients
- to pan and cook 8 minutes or until sausage and ground beef is browned. Drain grease.
- 2). Add chili powder and next 7 ingredients (chili powder through bay leaves), cook for 1 minute, stirring
- constantly. Stir in wine, tomatoes, and beans. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat, and simmer for one hour,
- stirring occasionally. Uncover and cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Discard the bay leaves.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by doherty757 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
All-American Chili Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes