Alice's Peach Pie
Community Recipe from
- 4 cup(s) peaches (6-8 medium)
- 2/3 cup(s) sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) water
- 1 tablespoon(s) tapioca
- 1 tablespoon(s) cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) almond extract
- 1-1/2 cup(s) flour
- 6 tablespoon(s) oil
- 3 tablespoon(s) milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- Filling: Combine all ingredients except almond extract and peaches in saucepan and bring to boil. Add peaches and cook until peaches heated through (approx. 5 minutes). Add almond extract.
- CRUST: Sift together flour and baking powder. Sprinkle on oil and mix with fork until a crumbly texture. Add milk and work into a smooth ball. Roll out 2/3 of dough between 2 sheets of wax paper into a circle for base of pie. Fold in half and place in ungreased pie plate; unfold and gently pat to fill pie plate. Fill pie with peach filling. Roll out remaining 1/3 of dough for top crust. Pour filling into pie shell. Cut rolled dough into strips and place in a lattice pattern on top of filling. Brush with milk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15-17 minutes until bubbly and crust lightly browned.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by EileeninSC and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note