Alice's Peach Pie
Community Recipe from
- 4 cup(s) peaches (6-8 medium)
- 2/3 cup(s) sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) water
- 1 tablespoon(s) tapioca
- 1 tablespoon(s) cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) almond extract
- 1-1/2 cup(s) flour
- 6 tablespoon(s) oil
- 3 tablespoon(s) milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- Filling: Combine all ingredients except almond extract and peaches in saucepan and bring to boil. Add peaches and cook until peaches heated through (approx. 5 minutes). Add almond extract.
- CRUST: Sift together flour and baking powder. Sprinkle on oil and mix with fork until a crumbly texture. Add milk and work into a smooth ball. Roll out 2/3 of dough between 2 sheets of wax paper into a circle for base of pie. Fold in half and place in ungreased pie plate; unfold and gently pat to fill pie plate. Fill pie with peach filling. Roll out remaining 1/3 of dough for top crust. Pour filling into pie shell. Cut rolled dough into strips and place in a lattice pattern on top of filling. Brush with milk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15-17 minutes until bubbly and crust lightly browned.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by EileeninSC and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes